I/ Understanding about hair structure
Firstly, to understand about Remy hair or non-Remy hair, you should have a basic knowledge of human hair. A simple structure of a hair strand includes 3 participants: cuticle, cortex and medulla.
Cuticle is the outer layer of hair. It involves scales that are cells stacked on top of each other. These cells work to protect the inner cortex of the hair and ensure moisture in the hair.
The cortex is the middle layer of hair. Cortex accounts for 90% of the hair’s weight. The cortex includes long cells that give hair strength and elasticity. Cortex also contains melanin pigment, which creates a natural colour for hair. There are two main types of melanin in hair: eumelanin and pheomelanin. Eumelanin, commonly found in Asians or Africans, produces brown or black hair. While eumelanin, which provides natural blonde hair, red hair, were found in European hair. As you get older, your hair is made of gray, because there is no melanin in the cortex class.
Chemical treatments such as steaming, dyeing, and bleaching change temporary or permanent changes to the hair that occur in the cortex.
- Medulla: The medulla is the innermost layer of hair. It consists of round cells. This medulla layer often appears in rough, hard hair such as Indian hair and Burmese hair. With natural blonde or silky hair like Vietnamese hair, there will be no medulla.
II/ Compare Remy, Non-Remy, Virgin Hair
1. Virgin Hair
When buying hair, you may see the word “virgin hair”. The buyer always advertises virgin hair as the best quality of hair and sell with a high price. So what is “virgin hair”?
- Virgin hair is collected from only a single donor. So each bundle come from one donor. One donor can have many bundles of hair, but it is not up to 1 kg. So if any hair vendors tell you they have 1 kg from one donor, they tell a lie.
- Because it comes from one single donor, all the cuticle still have to be intact and running the same direction. So virgin hair will not tangle or shedding.
- Virgin hair is not damaged from chemical or any process. It retains natural colour and texture of hair. So you purchase virgin hair, it should be natural, no chemical smell, no dyed colour.
- Because virgin hair is not damaged by a chemical agent, it is the best for bleaching, dyeing. You can have bright colour as #60, #613 without fibre, dry hair.
- Virgin hair, which is very silky, shiny, is the best quality of hair. It has the highest price of raw hair and is not popular.
2. Remy Human Hair
Instead of coming from a single donor like virgin hair, Remy’s hair is collected from multiple donors. After cutting hair, hair is sorted carefully and neatly according to the head and tail of the hair to make sure all cuticle are the same direction.
- Remy hair come from two or more than two donors. This is the reason why remy hair is popular. It has reasonable price, not expensive as virgin hair
- The cuticle remains about 90%, are stripped and aligned in one direction. This helps to ensure the hair is still soft, silky and does not tangle or shedding.
- Remy hair has almost character of virgin hair so it still silky and shiny.
- Remy hair is NOT the best grade of hair. Remy hair can be dyed, bleached or loose but not well as virgin hair. You can bleach hair to bright color like #60, #613 but it is not wet as virgin hair can. Because remy hair is mixed from other vendors, the quality is not even. Another reason is, to sort hair and divide hair into many bundles, hair is damaged partly.
3. Non-Remy Hair
Non-remy is hair that does not come from many vendors, and the roots and tails are not in the same direction.
- Hair strands, which is tangle and falling of women, are collected and send to hair factory. This is the reason why root s and tails of hair don’t run the same direction. After that, the hair will go through a special chemical process and be sorted in bundles.
- The cuticle run in two directions, leading to hair is a low moisture, dry as straw. Some Chinese manufactures use heavy silicone to make hair silky and shiny. It looks fake and it only silky and shiny until you wash the hair. An easy way to recognize non-remy hair is its heavy chemical smell.
- Non-remy hair has a very cheap price. But the quality is always together with the price. The durability of a non-remy hair is only 2-3 months.
4. Comparison Table
|Virgin hair||Remy hair||Non-remy hair|
|Cut from||single donor|
no processed hair
slightly processed hair
100% processed hair
|Cuticle||intact in one direction||90% cuticle in one direction||two direction|
cuticles are damaged
|Durability time||3-4 years||1-2 years||2-3 months|
|Price||from 15$/bundle||from 8.9 $/bundle||from 5 $/bundle|
III/ How to find the best remy hair vendor?
K-Hair factory is top 1 biggest hair factory in Vietnam, featuring virgin hair and remy hair. K-Hair produces almost products of hair: raw hair; weaving hair; hair extensions, closures, frontal, wig. K-Hair is a trustworthy partner of many hair salons, hair wholesalers all over the world. K-Hair factory is always the best choice for hair wholesaler because of these following reasons:
- High-quality human hair
K-Hair only supply high-quality hair from 100% Vietnamese women. Vietnamese women’s is famous for soft, silky and strong hair. So hair from K-Hair has long durability time at least one years for remy hair, and at least three years for virgin hair.
- Reasonable price
With advantages of cheap labour and economic of scale, K-Hair factory can manufacture hair with the cheapest price in Vietnam. The cheapest price for remy human hair is only 8.9 $/bundle
- Best customers service:
Customers is always the first priority of K-Hair factory. K-Hair has customer service team online 24/7 to support all dear customers worldwide.
- Website: https://www.k-hair.com.ng/
- Facebook: K-Hair Factory
- Instagram: closure_hair_extensions
- Whatsapp: Tracy – Sale Deparment
Contact us for best factory price for hair:
Whatsapp:+84 914 929 858