Synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions are the popular hair types in the hair industry. A lot of people have difficulty distinguishing and testing synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions, especially hair business start-up. Today, Hair Expert of K-Hair Factory, Ms. Jennie will share some useful informations that you don’t know before about the synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions. Let’s go through this article below:
1. Basic knowledge about synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions
Before I can distinguish them, I will briefly repeat a little basic knowledge of synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions. I know that many hair business starters do not understand these two definations yet:
Let’s check the definition of synthetic hair extensions first and then human hair extensions:
1.1.1. Synthetic hair extensions
Synthetic hair, on the other hand, consists of man-made fibers. Unlike human hair, there is no keratin in synthetic hair. The man-made polymers used to create synthetic hair are often paired with plastics (although it can also be made from natural polymers and cellulose as well).
1.1.2. Human hair extensions
Human hair extensions are exactly what they sound like. They are made out of real, human hair from top to bottom, collected from a donor.
K-Hair Factory has only sold 100% real human hair. WE SAY NO WITH SYNTHETIC OR MIXED HAIR.
1.2. Outstanding features of synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions
Now, let’s see the outstanding features of synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions and it will help the buyers decide what they should buy:
1.2.1. Characteristics of synthetic hair extensions
- Due to the synthetic nature of these products, they consistently hold the styles they were designed with.
- Weather resistant is one of the best feature. The synthetic fibers are resistant to rain and humidity, meaning you won’t ruin your hairstyle in adverse weather conditions.
- Synthetic hair extensions are not soft and shiny yet
- It often tangles and lose shape when you wash and style with heat
- Synthetic hair extensions are affordable and suitable for budget of many retail customers
1.2.2. Characteristics of human hair extensions
- It’s from 100% real human hair so that it is surely soft, silky and look very shiny. Human hair extensions make you look more natural and beautiful.
- You should protect human hair extensions from the environment outside, particularly sunlight and dust. Human hair is always sensitive with climate, weather and you need to take care of it more.
- Human hair extensions never tangle and shed. You can comb out the hair comfortably and it keeps the style-designed hair well
- The price of human hair extensions is higher than synthetic hair extensions.
2. Compare synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions
This is the main part of the article, let’s explore the similarity and differences between synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions below:
2.1. Similarity of synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions
Basically, if you are not a hair expert and longtime hair trader, it will be difficult to distinguish synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions. When we look at the appearance of hair, we see that they are very similar. Like human hair, synthetic hair is also formed from polymers, giving it a similar look and feel to natural hair.
2.2. Differences of synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions
- Texture: Human hair has a softer, silkier and more moisturised texture. These extensions are made from a natural protein and are therefore much softer to touch. Synthetic hair extensions have a rougher, dryer texture as they are not made from natural proteins and therefore do not retain moisture. Therefore, they are much rougher and dryer to touch. Often synthetic hair will clump together when touched.
- Dying and styling process: About human hair extensions, you can bleach and dye any colors that you want, especially the bright –toned color. Moreover, you can make many hairstyles with no problem. But the synthetic hair, you can not do that, you only use one style and if you bleach and dye, the hair will be weak and look bad.
- Appreance: Human hair extensions are ultra soft and silky. They feel healthy and have a natural shine to them. They will be flexible and smooth when applied. It is much easier to run a brush or your fingers through which allows for quick and easy detangling. Synthetic hair feels much less soft and silky. They are often lacklustre and look artificial. They are much less flexible than human-hair and can feel stiff when worn or touched. Often they can be difficult to run your fingers or a brush through, making detangling quite difficult.
- Lifespan: Human hair will last approximately 3 to 12 months or more depending on care regimes and frequency of use. Synthetic hair extensions have a shorter lifespan and are much more ideal for just a few uses.
- Price: Of course, the price of human hair extensions are much more expensive than synthetic hair extension. Simple is you deserve what you pay for.
3. Synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions: Which one is Better?
Looking at the special features that we compared above, we can see that the quality of the hair extensions is superior to the synthetic hair extensions. Anyway, hair extensions and hair extensions are still the two main and popular hair types that many people buy and use. It is completely up to the options, needs and budget of each person.
If you are interested in 100% real human hair, you can contact to Ms.Jennie (Senior Hair Expert and Sales Manager of K-Hair Factory) for free consultation and support